- Radio is on 24/7, reaching over 92% of people age 12 and older every week in the River Region
- Often considered a frequency medium, radio is an ideal reach medium when utilizing diverse formats
- Radio’s diversity of programming afords advertisers niche channels to zero in on narrow target groups.
- Consumers vary in their stages of the purchase cycle – on-going Radio ads allow your product or brand to be front and center when people are ready to buy, even during of seasons
- “Radio continues to be perceived as central to people’s lives, especially when contrasted with the precipitous decline by other traditional media” – Arbitron/Edison “Infinite Dial”.
- Radio continues to be the #1 source of music discovery despite the numerous audio options that exist today.
- Listeners tend to listen to relatively few radio stations and are extremely loyal to their favorites.
- Research shows that Radio listeners have a low level of ad avoidance, staying tuned in through commercial breaks.
- Listeners feel an emotional connection with their preferred Radio stations.
- Passive forms of advertising merely list merchandise or tell where a product is available, radio is an active medium capable of stirring emotion, creating demand and selling products and services.
- Approximately 1/3 of TV time is devoted to commercials, about 2/3 of newspapers are comprised of ad copy, and Internet users are now subjected to a barrage of advertising.
- With an average of 10 commercial minutes per hour (about 1/5 of each hour), Radio affords an uncluttered environment for advertisers.
- Radio has a “multiplier effect” on other media
- Radio’s relatively low cost in relation to other media allows advertisers to use multiple stations to reach their targets and build frequency levels for maximum Impact.
#9 Creative Flexibility
- Radio stars in the theater of the mind, stimulates emotion-filled images within the listener’s own mind – voices, music, sound effects, recall of video images..
- Radio advertisers can adapt quickly to changes in their own situations and marketplace to make sure their dollars are effectively utilized.
#10 Cost Effectiveness
- Radio is less expensive to buy than most major media, allowing advertisers to afford maximum reach and efective frequency.
Bluewater Broadcasting – Local Folks Helping Local Business (334) 244-0961